Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Locked Out and No Place to Go

It’s a sad day when a legend dies, it is even sadder when a five-year old child gets locked out of his home during Christmas. Now don’t get me wrong, I respect the music of the “God Father of Soul” James Brown. (Audio link here) I respect what his work did for music. I have some really, really good memories of the beats and riffs in some James Brown standards likeThe Payback, I Got the Feelin’ and Say it Loud, I’m Black and I’m Proud. I hear it sampled everywhere.
It is a shame that according to AP reporter Harry R. Weber, Tomi Rae Hynie and James Brown II have to live in hotel and may not even have access to their clothing or his toys until the legal shenanigans are completed. James Brown has taught one final lesson that has nothing to do with music: homeowner partners need to make sure all property is shared jointly legally, whether its with a partnership agreement or by placing both names on the deed , tax records, etc. Just make sure what ever you do, it is done legally and the original and copies of the proof is outside of the residence like a safety deposit box and a lawyer's office.
Image Courtesy of James Brown Website



For more information click here.


Technorati: , , , , ,



For more information on Real Estate in New Jersey visit here.




No comments: